Tuesday, May 16, 2023

super mom


Mother's Day is a special occasion that holds immense significance for me, as it provides an opportunity to express my gratitude and appreciation for the unwavering love and support of my mother. However, as the daughter of an overseas Filipino worker (OFW), celebrating this day can be challenging due to the distance between us. 

Mother's Day is a celebration of motherhood and the sacrifices and hard work that go into raising a family. It is a day to honor and appreciate the countless ways that mothers provide care, support, and guidance to their children. For me, Mother's Day is a time to reflect on the profound impact my mother has had on my life and express my gratitude for her love and devotion.

Being the daughter of an OFW, celebrating Mother's Day can be bittersweet. While I am grateful for the sacrifices my mother makes to provide for our family, I also miss her terribly, especially on special occasions like Mother's Day. Her absence can make it difficult to fully celebrate and express our appreciation.

Despite the distance, my family and I make it a priority to celebrate Mother's Day together. This year, my father, sister, and I decided to have lunch together and reminisce about all the cherished memories we have with our mother. Although my mother was not physically present, we felt her love and presence with us through our memories and the stories we shared.

Celebrating Mother's Day also serves as an opportunity to honor the sacrifices my mother has made as an OFW. She works tirelessly to provide for our family, and we are forever grateful for her dedication and hard work. While we cannot fully repay her for all that she has done for us, celebrating Mother's Day allows us to express our appreciation and gratitude for all that she does.

Mother's Day is more than just a holiday; it is a reminder to appreciate and cherish the love and sacrifice of our mothers. It is a day to reflect on their unwavering support and dedication and express our gratitude for all that they do. Even though celebrating Mother's Day with an OFW mother can be challenging, it is essential to make the effort to honor and celebrate them.

To all mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

end of the chapter