Sunday, June 25, 2023

end of the chapter

Who would have believed that I would make it? Who would have believed that I would survive after those restless nights, breakdowns, and my darkest hours? 

I groggily pulled myself out of bed that fateful morning as the alarm rang nonstop. I had no idea that being physically prepared alone wouldn't be enough for the day ahead. The concept of tackling academic obstacles seemed totally out of reach because my mind was still clouded by the effects of the pandemic.

My heart fell as the teacher started talking about the subject schedules. The workload, the deadlines, and the expectations all appeared to me as an impossible mountain. Being mentally unprepared became painfully clear to me. I started to feel anxious as I compared myself to my classmates, who appeared to be knowledgeable about the subject.

But a glimmer of determination appeared amid the flurry of feelings. I told myself that this was just the start and that I had the opportunity to develop and learn. I made the decision to see the difficulties ahead as chances for academic and personal development rather than giving in to self-doubt. It was time to enjoy the journey, even if it meant putting myself in uncomfortable situations.

Moving forward, this blog acts as a time capsule for my experience in grade 10. From the most challenging lesson in ict—the history of the internet, where I discovered how pioneers like Tim Berners-Lee and Vinton Cerf — to the many html elements, community-based research, and, finally, the ms frontpage. While reflecting on my ICT studies, I must admit that quantifying the specific knowledge acquired is challenging. But I can guarantee that the memories and encounters from this journey will be treasured forever. 

I caught myself thinking about the "what ifs" and regrets that frequently come with ending a chapter. It's normal to consider what may have happened if I had done better in school.  

As I reach the end of my 10th-grade year in junior high school, the past quarter has been a period of growth and preparation for the next chapter of my academic journey—Senior High School.  Although it's hard to leave the comfortable junior high school corridors and classrooms behind, I can't wait to take on the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead. There have been many highs and lows, difficulties and successes this year. 

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Erin. Throughout this entire academic year, she has been there for me, offering a helping hand whenever I needed it. Your patience and willingness to explain concepts I found difficult have been invaluable. Whether it was late-night study sessions or navigating through the challenges of school projects, your presence has been a constant source of support.

To Ghav and Ashryne; whenever I felt overwhelmed or discouraged, you guys were always there to remind me of my capabilities and encourage me to keep going. Your presence has not only made my school life more enjoyable but has also taught me the importance of maintaining a positive mindset.

To Aian, thanks for your guidance and mentorship. Your patience, empathy, and ability to listen without judgment have made you an exceptional friend and mentor. I am truly grateful for his presence in my life.

JC, despite the current strain in our friendship, I want to say thank you for your encouragement and open ears during my rants about my love life and academics. Your understanding ear offered support and direction in times of need. I wish you well and hope that we both find insight, progress, and fulfillment in our lives as we continue on our respective journeys.

To my Lee, I couldn't have made it through this without you. With everything, you've been a huge help to me. You witnessed both my happiest and darkest moments. Finding someone who actually cares and takes the time to listen is a rare and priceless gift in a world that frequently speeds past our emotions. For me, you were successful in that way. You have constantly been there for me, lending me your reassuring presence and establishing a safe space for me to express my most profound emotions, whether they have been tears of pleasure or tears of sorrow. I gained a lot from your constant willingness to offer me an ear and put up with my rants. Your shoulders were always open for me to cry on. You never hesitated to be there for me whenever I needed comfort. thankyou, love;)

I want to express my gratitude to my classmates for being a part of my junior high school adventure because without you, the journey would not have been the same. Never would it be this amazing, enjoyable, or thrilling. We will all blaze our own trails while pursuing our different passions and interests. The friendships and memories we have made, will always be valued. 

Thankyou to our subject teachers, especially Ma'am Vera Cruz, who made it possible for us to create a simple blog post on this school year's experiences. thankyou ma'am ;))

I find solace in the lyrics of "Scott Street." They serve as a gentle reminder that even as we embark on our separate paths, the connections we have forged must remain strong. So, to my fellow classmates, I implore you: anyway, don't be a stranger. Let us embrace the memories we have shared and the growth we have witnessed in each other. As we step into the uncharted territories of the future, let our friendship and support continue to thrive. May we always find comfort and encouragement in the knowledge that, no matter the distance or the passage of time, we will forever have a place in each other's heart.

Nothing will ever be the same in that room. The main building won't ever be the same. I'll never forget the tears we've all shed, the joys and struggles we've both experienced as I walked there. SSC, thank you for the four years. Thankyou for giving me an oppurtunity. I will forever be grateful. 

Hanggang sa muli, All is well, MAXWELL. 



the end...






No comments:

Post a Comment

end of the chapter